Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Blame it on the Olympics

I'm hopelessly addicted to the Olympics. There. I said it.

I've never really had an interest in watching in the past. But, for some reason, this year I can't stop watching. I'm watching sports that I can't identify, with names I can't pronounce (what in the world is 'repachage'??). Every single telecast. All day long. Since I work for a cable company, I have a TV in my office. I can't bring myself to turn on anything but the Olympics.  You'd think I had money riding on some of these events the way I'm all up on the edge of my couch (or desk chair) , cheering for people I can't identify, from countries I've never heard of, in events that I've never seen before. I need an intervention...

I tried turning some of that Olympic excitement into stitching mojo, but I just ended up kitting my HAED (All Hallow's Eve, #8 on the list) and watching it sit there next to me on the couch as if to say "I don't know why you bother. Tsk, Tsk". I did manage to pick it up for awhile on Sunday night, but only got in about 80 stitches. I told myself I wouldn't put it down until I finished the first line on the first chart page. Mission accomplished!!

And then I watched the whitewater canoe (or kayak?) quarterfinals. At 2 in the morning. God help me...

3 comments:

  1. Well, there are worse things to be addicted to!

    I haven't watched much of the actual sports, but I'm a big fan of the Opening Ceremony, so I always try to watch that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you made me laugh so much while reading. We don't get to watch much of the olympic due to the fact that we don't have the most expensive dstv. I wish I could watch the gymnastics and do they still have ice skating and diving? But I would also be glued to my tv if I had all I wanted to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your post - thank you for sharing - You have the best way of sharing. Just so you know, my stitching talks to me too.

    ReplyDelete