Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Stitching Under the Influence, WIP Update, and New Stash

I would really love the opportunity to kick the allergy gods in their 'no-no space'!! The dryness and heat this season is wreaking absolute havoc on my sinuses. On Saturday, I had the WORST allergy attack I've had in years. So, for the last 3 days, I've been attempting to stitch as much as I can, but doing so after taking very strong allergy/cold medicine has proven to be a less-than-great idea. Two nights ago, I was sitting on the couch watching good TV and stitching away, when I looked down at what I'd done and realized that the whole section of purple I had just stitched was supposed to be cocoa brown. Sigh. 

I frogged the whole area and started it again. Just as I got almost done with re-doing what I just did...I noticed that I was one square over from where I needed to be. Sigh again.

Finally, I put it away for the night and admitted defeat. Score: Medication - 1, Me - big fat 0. Last night I was feeling quite a bit better and was able to fix my mistake (again) and carry on with another couple of 10 x 10s. Here's what All Hallow's Eve looks like now:



No picture can do justice to the way the darker shades of grays, browns, and purples blend together. Hopefully, by this Friday's update, I'll have quite a bit more progress to report. I'll see if I can get a pic that shows the nuances of the colors a little better.

Now, on to some other little tidbits:  New stash was purchased yesterday.  YAY! I decided to break down and spend some of my Amazon gift card money and got this - 

It's from Orenco Originals (my first chart of theirs) and I'm in love with it. It'll probably take me 20 Christmas seasons to stitch it, since I can only stitch winter stuff in the winter, but it will totally be worth it. 

Also, today is mine and DH's wedding anniversary. We're "one of those" couples that met, got engaged, and got married all in a span of a few months. We celebrate 3 years married today and it's still the best decision I ever made. Love him to bits! :)

Hope everyone is having a fantastic week! 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! Your stitching looks fab - sorry to hear the meds won though. I'm one of 'those' couples too - first date to wedding 6 1/2 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary - awesome, I believe when its right you know it, and that could be "at first sight".
    You are more determined than me, awesome sticking with your WIP. Love our new chart - must check out Orenco Orginials

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! Sorry to hear about your visit from the frog but hopefully you kicked himout once and for all!

    ReplyDelete